✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿

 H E L L O!

In this 1st week of History of Graphic Design, we did motion picture. I did a not-so-simple video similar to an animation. I used my Graphic Tablet from VEIKK, Paint Tool SAI version 2, Windows movie maker, and various inspirations. The main inspiration for this is my ult fave k-pop group, Enhypen, and their recently released MV, entitled "Fever". 

SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR YOUTUBE AND FOLLOW THEM ON THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS! :^)

    I have a few notes at the end regarding my experience with this, please read them if you are interested! Please stream "FEVER"! Thank you! (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7d6Dt17yHk)

 Here is the video:


Let me show you guys some screenshots of process of making my mini animation. 
 





The entire video is around one minute and 30 seconds but it took me 2 days to make. Drawing each frame and editing, cutting, and typing, all with a lagging computer. But it was all worth it!

Here are information about the principles of Typography I applied.

  HIERARCHY 
There is text included in the video, wherein the Hierarchy consisted of Hangul on top, then the romaji, which is Hangul in written in English, and finally, the English translation. This is done so that the viewer can read and sing along in both Korea and Romaji lyrics. However, they can also sing the English translation if they choose to do so. It's a fun way to interact with the viewers.

   SIZE 
The size varies per line to fit the window of the video. This way it won't get in the way of the illustration but still become visible for the public to read.

  COLOR 
I used a simple color; white. I used white in order for it to be readable since the background was dark, there is a bit of a shadow behind each text to help the text standout. Overall, I think the text was quite readable. In the first chorus shown, the color changes to a variety that represented each member that I assigned said colors. This represents them singing their parts.

 FONT 
Using only one type of font, I used sans serif for the entirety of the video to avoid confusion and for the viewers to have ease in reading the lyrics. This is commonly recommended when making lyric videos for the people to read with no difficulty.

Here are information about the principles of Design or Composition I applied.

    BALANCE 
The balance is mainly found in the colors. Each person is assigned a color for the purpose of identifying them. Heeseung is Blue, Jay is Red, Jake is yellow, Sunghoon is orange, Sunoo is violet, Jungwon is green, and Ni-ki is gray. This makes it easier to follow the person singing. There is balance also since it is a monochromatic color combination per character. There is a sense of belongingness that attracts a person.

    HARMONY 
The video is said to be pleasing to the eyes, as said from my friends, whom I showed a sneak peak of it to. The sense is somewhat appealing and there is enjoyment to see the whole video. The main harmony, aside from the amazing music, is the monochromatic color schemes per member and how I tried to make them appeal with it.

    UNITY 
As I've said, the main unity here is the monochromatic colors per member. There is also unity where the instrumental break happens. Each member is there, all are in one piece. The video is not overloaded and does not confuse the people who will watch it since there is simplicity and clarity.

    CONTRAST 
The main contrast here is how the colors still appear to be visible despite the dark background. The text is also a form of contrast, seeing how light it is compared to the background. It is simple yet filled with impact that draws attention to each aspect of the video.

    VARIETY 
The variety is mainly on the colors again. Although each character is composed of one color each, when they come together, it begins to be more colorful. This is done for the main purpose of identification as to who is singing which part. It is done to showcase each of them. 

    PATTERN 
Aside from the beat and the lyrics, the pattern in terms of graphic design, is the characters. The color as well, but it is mainly found during the parts where there is the stars and the instrumental break where they're all aligned, showing off each member. The pattern in terms of making this video was at the last part, where I wanted them to speak as if singing. The pattern was the different frames, though a random pattern, it was still one where they had to function as if speaking.

    RHYTHM 
Aside from the music, the structure of my drawings are considered good, as everything is in place. The rhythm is unclear but somehow predictable as it follows space. It is smooth and soothing, clarity is visible and the vibe is quite addicting, if I do say so myself.

The main image inspiration:

the original video:
(All rights reserved. The use of the images above are for educational and artistic purposes only. No copyright intended!)


  As always, I tried very hard to convey all the messages and ideas as best as I can. I did my best to be responsible and applied all the principles available, I enjoyed this though it took me 2 whole days to do, yes, along with the previous submission. Everything I have learned, I put it into this last activity for the finals, especially since it is the first week under this subject. I received good feedback from my friends and my boyfriend, whom I showed this to. They thoroughly enjoyed it despite not being an Enhypen fan. 

    I really enjoyed this because I am a huge fan of Enhypen. I love their music and I stream them every time I can. I took this opportunity to promote them and their music because I really enjoy their performance. I only did about a minute or so though, so be sure to watch the whole video! Let's stream and continue to support them, Engenes! 

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

For sticker shopping, please head to our shopee store: https://shopee.ph/justlabel?categoryId=13612&itemId=3684556662





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit