✿ Exercise 9 - Textured Design ✿

 H E L L O!

 In this 1st week of elements of graphic and design, we were tasked to do a textured design. I did a simple illustration but attempted 4 different tries, I used my Graphic Tablet from VEIKK, Paint Tool SAI version 2, and various inspirations. I found an inspiration in creating this from the different places of my homeland, the Philippines.

    Let me also say that my main inspiration to continue was the k-pop group called Enhypen. Please stream "FEVER"! Thank you! (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7d6Dt17yHk)


Boat and sea texture 

with text



Night sky texture 
Sunset sky texture
Morning beach texture
    I made sure to do a lot of drawings since I wanted to emphasize a lot of textures, I even used textured brushes. I did 4 drawings because I wanted to experiment and show that the world around us is filled with texture. From rocks to even the sweet comfortable premises of our bed. 

Here are information about the principles of Typography I applied.

  HIERARCHY 
Again, there is no need for a lot of text since I believe the illustration already speaks for itself. What I did is only put a simple quote about drawing, which is "Make Art your Lifestyle". This is to help promote MMA as a course.

   SIZE 
There is only one font and one size in the illustration. It is made that way to make it simple and clear for the illustration to pop out. It feels like an advertisement this way.

  COLOR 
I used a simple color; white. This is to make sure that it captures attention for the audience. It is simple and makes sure that it shows that this is a advertisement or promotion campaign for Art. Not much color is needed to emphasize it from the colorful illustration.

 FONT 
Using only one type of font, I used sans serif for this poster to convey a simple task, which is to quote in a visible manner. It is only a phrase to make sure it is not distracting but also filled with impact.

Here are information about the principles of Design or Composition I applied.

    BALANCE 
For the Balance, it starts with the color, everything is in place. Per illustration, there is a certain theme and there is unity. It is not overloaded and can easily be distinguished. It all fits in together as a whole piece and one can understand the meaning of each work.

    HARMONY 
The illustration is pleasing to the eyes, there is an impact even if it is minimal. The colors are well planned and there is a sense of belongingness. The main composition is the theme that brings in unity in each artwork but also in all of it as a whole.

    UNITY 
As I've said, I have used a certain brush that also gives texture, In the last three concepts, I used a brush similar to chalk with a grainy texture. This means that this is the main texture that is used throughout these three images, for this brings the unity in them. Other than that the colors are all united per work. In the boat and the morning beach drawing, there is a sense of tropical vibes. While in the sunset piece, there is warm colors representing sunset, and the nightscape is filled with dark colors for the dark concept.

    CONTRAST 
The main contrast in each is found in the colors as well. The boat is white and the sunlight draws attention there, giving it its part in contrast. The next three pieces, the main contrast there is the people that are found in each as if experiencing the environment in it. The contrast was made in mind for the fact to promote the places in the Philippines.

    VARIETY 
The variety is mainly on the colors again. The colors are in one balance but the Variety also remains there. Aside from being able to convey Unity and Contrast, The colors that I showed and used are also showing variety, this to make the pieces not boring but also to make the piece more realistic in both vibe and in drawing. 

    PATTERN 
For the Pattern, it's mainly in the texture. The texture is found everywhere in every piece. The pattern is also present in the sea, emphasizing by the strokes and the sky, as well as the boats in the tropical drawings. There is also a pattern formed by the overall pieces, showing day, afternoon, and night.

    RHYTHM 
The overall structure of my drawings are well structured, I put the text below as to not distract the eyes of the audience from the illustration yet still be visible. The rhythm in each of the last three drawings are also shown as the people are moving from left to right, showing how the sun moves as the day passes.

  As always, I tried very hard to convey all the messages and ideas as best as I can. I did my best to be responsible and applied all the principles available, I enjoyed this though it took me 2 whole days to do. Everything I have learned, I put it into this last activity for the finals, especially since it is the first week under this subject. I received no evaluation on these and relied on my instincts. However, I did use the online handouts from my teacher as a reference for some of these concept-wise. The places in the last three drawings are inspired from the Philippines. I made sure to use references to have a better understanding and use of my artistic sense and capabilities.

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

For sticker shopping, please head to our shopee store: https://shopee.ph/justlabel?categoryId=13612&itemId=3684556662



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿