✿ Week 13 - Cartoon_Mateo ✿

     Hello everyone! Our midterms have finally finished~ I feel really happy and energized because I was one of the students that my teacher recognized! I also saw a lot of amazing artworks from my classmates and it both inspired me and made me want to work twice as hard!

    For the first week in our finals, we were tasked to draw a cartoon character for our Drawing lec/lab subject. In this case, I have drawn a female human character, that I have nicknamed "Pop", derived from her real name, Paprika. 


    Here, is the first few sketches of how I originally wanted her to look. On the top left is her original design with the art style I wanted her to have. Below that is how I wanted her eye to look and gave her her signature three eyelashes, applying a variety of line sizes. Next to her original design, is her different expressions. I wanted to do that to show off her personality, which I wanted to portray as "bubbly", "nice", and "fun". Under that, you can see that I also drew her with her two friends, that I plan to use for the upcoming activity. I then realized that this kind of art style didn't feel cartoony enough, so I sketched a few more of Pop in different styles.


    The original art style was inspired by the popular early 2000's show, called "Kim Possible", and then I tweaked some parts to make it a little different and more closer to my style. The next few tries were inspired from other shows like "The Kids next door", "Gravity Falls", and "Adventure Time". Finally, I came to draw her in a style that feels comfortable for me yet also shows her off in a cartoonish way. I adapted the body proportions from "The Kids next door", and the face style of "Gravity Falls". Lastly, after lining her with a brush pen, I then used my Prismacolor premier colored pencils to color her in the way I envisioned her.

    I designed her after a few famous artists and imagining her attributes from them. An example would  be her high ponytail, inspired by Ariana Grande, her blue eyes and blonde hair from Taylor Swift, and her clothes were taken from trendy outfits that are worn in today's era. 

    I'm quite pleased with her, and I would love to tell you more about her but I don't want to spoil anything for next week's activity! Also, I used references here for accuracy, convenience, and inspiration! Don't be afraid to use references and copy from them as long as you credit the artists properly~  Thank you and have a good drawing day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿