2ND SEM - Brochure

 YOU WANNA MAKE A BROCHURE? I'VE GOT YOU - Multimedia Arts Brochure

_____________________________________________________________

So here you are again, this time coming at me to ask for advice about brochures. No? Ah well, I'M STILL GOING TO TEACH YOU. Knowledge should be free and shared anyways. So as usual, we will be walking with basic tips and how-to's to make- THIS TIME; A brochure and with THREE easy steps.

To change things up a bit, before finding your reference, it may be a better idea to research first WHAT your brochure is about. List all the things you want to include in your brochure, make sure that all the information you will put in it is accurate by fact checking.

In my example, I will be making a brochure to promote Multimedia Arts as a branch for my University. 

Now the next step is, you guessed it, gather inspiration. Try to envision what you want the brochure to look like and if it fits the theme you are going for. Since mine is for Multimedia Arts, I'll be making my brochure as creative or unique as possible. This way it will be endorsing the main idea of Multimedia Arts - being freely creative in terms of digital and traditional medium.

Here is my inspiration:

reference: https://www.creativebloq.com/design/brochure-templates-11121360

I chose that for the sole fact of it's unique shape and tri-fold style. It screams Multimedia Arts to me, therefore I decided to incorporate it for my design. 

The next step is to make a base design and plan out where the information will go. Below is my base design and how it looks like folded, the first flap sample, and the two sides. I wanted to showcase all its possible forms so that it is easier to plan out the information.


Here is the side with the front flap, which indicates what information is included in my brochure. The back flap is the middle part, which includes the sample contact details the brochure has and a sample drawing that is done by a multimedia artist- me. The far left flap includes the careers under the BMMA course.




Below is the inside of the brochure. I've put an 'About us' information, which is a great introduction once the brochure is opened, followed by the skills for Multimedia Artists. The far right flap is the recommended equipment and software, along with core values for BMMA students and/or artists. 






The last step is to take a step back and review your work. It's easy to overload or make tiny or big mistakes. The best way to avoid that is to triple check your work, this tip is actually used not only in brochures, but in all of our works. Check everything from pictures to grammar spellings. Also, don't be afraid to reuse your old works in your new ones, that way you can also promote your own skills. 

There you have it, 3 easy tips in making a brochure. This one is not as long as the others but it gets the job done. It's amazing how these 3 easy tips can also work for other pieces, it all depends how one uses it and incorporates it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿