✿ Exercise 4 - Infographics ✿

 H E L L O!

    For the 4th week of our subject, we were now tasked to do another Infographics. As usual, all I used is my computer, my VEIKK A50 graphics tablet and an online editing software.

    Here's my infographics:




    I based my work on the topic of  "Careers in Multimedia Arts". In order to compare and contrast two of the largest fields within Multimedia Arts, I used the Versus or Comparison infographic. Many people, including me beforehand, are confused about the work that Graphic Artists and Graphic Designers do.

    I've compiled all the work that each person does in their specific field and put them together for you guys to see the differences.

  Now, let's talk about the principles of Typography I used.

  HIERARCHY - I made the biggest font to be the header, which is the title of the infographics, and it presents what it's all about. The text under follow it the hierarchy, and at the lowest ground, is another important text; Asking the viewer which they would want to pursue.

   SIZE - I gave emphasis to the header and the bottom text as they were important. The more important they are, the bigger they appear in the infographics. The subtext are smaller than the header, for they contain the subtopics. Lastly, the body, which contains the comparison, is the smallest text, yet still visible to the public.

  COLOR - I only used colors within the hues of blue. I also included white to emphasize the difference of the two fields that I am comparing of Multimedia. The colors mix well together and does not fight for the audience's attention, which is quite pleasing.

    FONT - I used a sans serif font, which is appropriate since it defines the infographic as formal yet open to everyone. It is also simple and straight to the point. I made the font bold to make it more visible, and I also applied similar colors to stick to the theme.

 For the principles of Composition or Design!

    BALANCE - The balance flows well since the hierarchy is quite good. Both have elements and assets on each side. Each side has nine descriptions, examples, and illustrations that accompany each field. 

    HARMONY - The style of the infographics is neat, simple, and matches well with the concept. The assets don't fight and is overall pleasing. The form, the shapes, the colors, unite as one and creates Harmony.

    UNITY - The infographics delivers the idea well, it does its job. It has coherence and clarity, which can also be found in Harmony. The Unitedness of the piece is present.

    CONTRAST - All the shapes, elements, texts, and such are the same yet also contrast each other. They are united but still present contrasts, which can be mostly found in the colors.

    VARIETY - There are definitely a lot of varying elements and designs in this infographic. The variety isn't much but there is enough that makes the overall design look great without relying on too much different things.

    PATTERN - If I have to say, the pattern is the color. It's possible and the color is repeated all over the piece. 

    RHYTHM - What highlights the piece would be the header and the illustrations. These give the feeling of structure in my infographic. The rhythm can be felt by the viewer, which is simplicity and smoothness.

    Again, I tried my best to work as fast I could and also be responsible. I tried to apply all the principles of Typography and Design or Composition. I didn't get as much feedback on this and only relied on my gut feeling. I had to edit it two times and rethink of the topics. I also had a lot of scrap ideas that I ended up revising. In the end, this looks really nice in my own opinion.

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿