✿ Week 14 - Quaranthings Poster_Mateo ✿

     Hello once again! For this week's Introduction to MMA subject's blog entry, it's a requirement poster for the contest, "Quaranthings" for our school. It has a generalized topic, which is quite broad for me so I actually had a tough time thinking of what to draw. This is also why I was a bit late in passing this week's blog but that's okay since in the end, I was able to improve anyways.

    At first, I wanted to draw it digitally, but I realized it's gonna be harder on me since lately, I've been having back pain, and leaning on to my graphic tablet isn't gonna help me. Another reason was because Digitally making a poster with a lot of content is going to take a long time, so I changed my mind and did it Traditionally. This gives me more control, and I can still use my favorite Traditional media, the Prisma color premier colored pencils! Let me show you guys my progress~


    Here is the digitalized version, where I first wanted to do my poster. It's literally only a sketch, nothing much, but when I transferred it to paper, I was able to change a few things and add a little more assets. Instead of the usual concept regarding the pandemic, I decided to focus on showing you guys of what I did during the past months, a.k.a. quarantine.

    I transferred it to my sketchpad, and here, I made a lot of things different. I used brush pens for the black line art, and a brown pen for the person in the middle, who I derived as myself but I realized she was quite skinny to be labelled as me so-- Anyways, this is the part where it's the final version of the line art.



    In the final part, we can see that it is now colored. 

    In the center, like I said, it is portrayed as me, meditating. A symbol of me, trying to calm down and improve on my self care, instead of being negative. I also put four hands, showing my "pathways" to achieving these things that are around me.

Above are things such as puzzles, books, and chess pieces. These symbolize knowledge, which meant I never stopped trying to learn a few things, big or small, during the quarantine season. I didn't necessarily played chess or worked with puzzles, these only symbolized logic to me, which is one of the things I mentally worked on, which is also why it is placed above, near the head.

    On the left, is my skills. I did a lot of self photoshoots or photography, did a lot of makeup sessions, drawings and art things, both digitally and traditionally, and journaling. These were the skills I mostly did that helped me become busy with my free time.

    Below me is the emotional side of my journey in self care during quarantine. There were a lot of catching ups with the family, growing closer together and forming tighter bonds. There are also deeper bonds formed with friends, comforting each other when we're both down, offering advice and goofing around, or even forming new friendships in social media, or trying to respark old connections. Then lastly, there is also time to deepen connections with that special someone, who is always there for us through thick and thin. For me, it was fun talking to him, and we also had out rough times but it worked out in the end.

    Finally, on the right side, is my spiritual side. The connection between me and God, who I symbolized through the dove, carrying a leaf, symbolizing spirit, and the cloth, which I wanted to show as 'wiping the wounds off of everyone'. And of course, Our Mother of Perpetual Help - because she is always there, guiding me endlessly. Around them is the rosary, simply meaning the prayers that I offered to God. 

    "Quaranthings" - when I heard the word, I already thought of it as "what we did during quarantine" so I was thinking of what made me productive and stay positive but also become more empathetic amidst this pandemic. I wanted to show you guys what made me stay being 'me', improve myself, and become a better person while staying inside, yet still being there for my loved ones. All in all, I picked this kind of drawing because I wanted to share what I did during the quarantine and my journey that is still continuing until now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿