✿ Week 14 - Anime_Mateo ✿

      Good day to you guys~ It's me again and I am terribly sorry for being a but late, I was running out of ideas. Plus, coloring these the way I do, it was time consuming indeed. So anyway, this week it's all about A N I M E! And me, I am a huge anime fan, I've watched it since I was a kid and it was part of my childhood and helped shaped me to be who I am today. Anime has a big impact to me and influenced both me and my art works. All though I haven't drawn anything anime related recently, this was a really fun activity since it was nostalgic and quite a trip from the past.

    Without any further drama, let me show you my works for this week. It contains both anime and cartoon drawings for our subject, Drawing lecture and laboratory.     


    This is an original character, who I haven't named yet, but let's just name her Sei. Her style was inspired from Kakegurui's Jabami Yumeko, an iconic gambling queen, as her personality is literally amazing. Her uniform is also inspired from the same anime but coloring a black skirt is troublesome so I made it dark blue instead. Her hair is also derived from Toradora's Taiga Aisaka, and for that usual fun anime girl persona, I made her thigh high stockings light blue with a cat. Those are really popular today and I wanted to incorporate fun looking socks in my work this week because I thought it fit them really well.



    This next one is based from Clannad's Ryou Fujibayashi. As a kid, she was really pretty to me, in fact, all of the characters there and the art style was a feast. I didn't watch the series though, but it just stuck to me. Changing the color of the eyes and the hair, I made sure this character, who we'll call Maki, had a more wild and vibrant color palette in comparison to Sei, who had blue eyes with a bit of pink, and brown hair. Maki has short vibrant violet hair with a hint of yellow, and orange eyes with a tinge of green that also reminds me of Dragon balls, now that I observe at it. Again, I made her have fun looking socks, and this time its a regular thigh high, white and pink styled socks, and instead of boots, I used flats for her design. It gives her the more formal vibes out of the two, don't you think? You can see that there was to be a third drawing below with both Sei and Maki but like I said, I had so much to do that doing that would have delayed this post even more.

    In creating these anime girls, I used my Corona 9" x 12" sketchbook with 50 leaves, a number 2 mongol pencil (that I found laying around the house), and the Faber-Castel dust-free eraser in orange for the sketching process. Then I used a brush pen that I bought from Shopee to line art the sketch. Finally, for coloring, I used my all time favorite colored pencils, the Prisma color premier colored pencils in the 48 set. I always use them but I definitely found that I improved with coloring with them yet again, especially with the red coat. I used a deep blue violet shade to put more depth in coloring them instead of purely only reds. I also mixed a lot of colors in coloring both Sei and Maki, which is why it took me such a long time but I think it was worth it. Also these characters aren't related to the comic that I'll be submitting in the following week.

    Here are the characters I used for reference, by the way. (credits to the show of Clannad and Kakegurui)



(Sei reference)

(Maki reference)

    For the cartoon character activity, I used my pet bird as one of my reference, since he really dislikes me, I portrayed him as an evil bird that was plotting something wicked. The next one is a work whistle that blew steam out of its mouth because I wanted it to show anger. As if he was so mad that smoke came out of his mouth in exaggeration. For these two drawings, I used my almost dried out markers, mostly random and brandless, but for those which did have a brand, it was the Lil Hands washable marker in dark blue, 24 set of Koi water based brush markers, Platinum brush markers, and the Stabilo pastel boss highlighter in yellow. Yes, I used a highlighter because I was running out of markers. For line art, I used another brush marker in black, it was also water based but it had no brand too. 


    Lately, I've been enjoying doing line art with brush markers because of convenience. I know that I have a lot more to improve on because my lines are definitely not consistent but I think I managed to save a lot of it anyways. I've expanded more to using a lot of mediums since we're still doing traditional medium for the first semester, and honestly, it is fun. Traditional medium is mostly, if not all, everyone's first medium used, and everyone nowadays prefers Digital media because it is easier, convenient, and cheaper in terms of long term investment, but going back a few steps can also improve our works and make us flexible too. Mixed media in Traditional methods is also a fun activity that I recommend to everyone to try once in a while! 

    As always, thank you for reading this week's blog entry! If you guys have any comments, suggestions, or questions, please do comment below. Thank you and I hope we can help each other improve and support one another~

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿