✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 10 - Power of Persuasion ad ✿

 H E L L O !

    For the first week of finals, we were assigned to do persuasion ads. We could do anything that shows off ethos, logos, and pathos. Here are my entries for this week. I did three things, one for logos, one for ethos, and one for pathos. 

Here are my works: 

(NOTE: ALL PHOTOS USED ARE FREE TO USE. NO COPYRIGHT INTENDED)

PATHOS

LOGOS


ETHOS

    PATHOS - I made a photography ad, where it emphasizes happiness since smiles are associated with joy. I wanted to show that these moments can be caught and framed for memories. This way, it appeals to a person's emotions.

    LOGOS - This time, I made an ad for a cellphone. I used this for logos since the specs of the phone are considered really good. I made it that way to appeal to reason and logic to make the viewers believe that this is a phone they should use and have.

    ETHOS - Lastly, I made a shampoo ad for ethos. This is because I wanted to appeal to the public, and one way to appeal to the public is to get their attention in something they care about. I chose hygiene and made sure to apply credibility as to why they should choose my product. 

Here are information about the principles of Typography I applied.

  HIERARCHY 
There is no need for a lot of text since I wanted the ad to appeal to itself using the persuasion techniques. The main hierarchy style I used was I placed the name of the product or service on top and then the details below it.

   SIZE 
The biggest font in size is usually the header or the name of the product or service. Except for the Logos ad, where the catchphrase is bigger, this is because I wanted to gain the attention of the public by the quote, to make them read the specs of the phone and its main functions. The others, the details are much smaller in size.

  COLOR 
I used a simple color; most of the text are in dark colors to contrast the bright background. I used the concept of unity to define these in order for the text to fit in while still being visible. The logos texts are in white to be more visible since the feel of the ad was dark.

 FONT 
The font I used are relatively the same. They are sans serif, which conveys simplicity. I used this to have clarity and not to confuse the viewers with what they read.

Here are information about the principles of Design or Composition I applied.

    BALANCE 
For the Balance, it starts with the color, everything is in place, there is a use of monotonous colors. This is to appeal to the sense of sight to the public. There is unity yet also contrast in the overall image of the three ads.

    HARMONY 
The illustration is pleasing to the eyes, there is a sense of belongingness. The ad is simple yet conveys the meaning of the ad. The harmony within each connects the elements used in each one.

    UNITY 
I think the idea is clear and well presented. The colors doesn't dominate one another and there is definitely thought placed in the assets used. I think the main unity is found in the colors but also in the thought of the whole ad. 

    CONTRAST 
The main contrast here is the text used. It is always opposite in color. The contrast in color is also visible, it is clear and not confusing. There is also simplicity and looks like a web ad. The vibe is simple and modern. It is also aesthetically pleasing and filled with clarity.

    VARIETY 
The variety is mainly on the colors again. At one part of the ad, there is variety. In Pathos, the variety is captured in the image, in Logos, it is in the phone, to display the specs. In Ethos, it is in the image of the girl in the tub. The image serves as a variant to make it more interesting.

    PATTERN 
For the Pattern, it's mainly in the design. Of course, the design is the main point, the placements of the design are the main pattern, in pathos, it is the background of the girl. The pattern in logos, is the silhouette of the partying people, and in ethos, it is the asymmetrical design or placement of the overall picture and line.

    RHYTHM 
The overall structure of my advertisements are well structured, The text are all visible and do not clash with the general look. The pieces are big enough to make sure it is the main point for the ads.  It is smooth and neat, but also simple to capture the main point of the ad and to appeal with the persuasion methods.

    As always, I tried very hard to convey all the messages and ideas as best as I can. I did my best to be responsible and applied all the principles available, I made sure to work as fast I could and also submit it within the deadline. I think this week's inputs are quite simple but not boring. Each one is good but my favorite is the Ethos because I designed the bottle. I also like the Logos one because it is a fun idea. I used references for these ads as well.

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

For sticker shopping, please head to our shopee store: https://shopee.ph/justlabel?categoryId=13612&itemId=3684556662



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿