FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

 

Real eyes realize real lies


" Take time to realize... 
   that I am on your side,
   Didn't I, didn't I tell you?

   But I can't spell it out for you,
   No, it's never gonna be that simple.
   No, I can't spell it out for you.

   If you just realize what I just realized,
   Then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never find another,
   Just realize what I just realized,
  We'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other, now. "

        - Colbie Caillat, Realize, 2007.


    The title of this piece is called "Real eyes realize real lies." It is a Dreamscape themed photography, where there is an interaction of reality and fantasy. Due to this, major photo editing was done. The title and the photo were inspired by the song "Realize" by Colbie Caillat that was released in 2007. People say that the eyes are the windows of the human soul and that quotation has resonated with me as it reminded me of the song. 

     A lot of us believe that the eyes tell a lot of the beholder's stories and experiences. One can see hundreds of thousands of emotions just through their eyes alone, it can give you shivers, relapses, rekindle memories, and even feel love at first sight. In my piece, I did a self-portrait and edited the picture of a beautiful sunset has graced the sky. I added a ripped paper effect and inserted the sunset as to me, it meant 'resting,' 'productivity,' and 'completion.' 

      After a hard day of work, studying, and being a productive person, the sunset marks today a success whether it is small or big, it's a sign to take care of yourself and rest. I added the borders to make it look as if it was made in a journal or a scrapbook to have that personalized vibe and inserted the text saying, "your eyes tell a story." It was the last step to tie it together and incorporate the message. Each person has their own story to tell and it could be felt just by looking into their eyes.


Here's the video:


Photo(s) by: Monina Dominique T. Mateo | BMMA-04 - S.Y. 2023-2024
Subject: Portfolio and Exhibit, Submitted to: Ms. Maribel S. Sandagon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿