2ND SEM - MIDTERMS: Interactive presentation

Have you ever seen an INTERACTIVE POWERPOINT? WELL HERE IT IS! - Multimedia Arts Interactive Presentation

_____________________________________________________________ 

If you didn't know, PowerPoints or Google Slides can be interactive, which is great when presenting to toddlers or younger people. It's also a great way to entertain and present innovatively.

Adobe Indesign is one way to make an interactive presentation or software, but since I have no Adobe Indesign, we will be using either PowerPoint or Google Slides. I know, I know, "why these applications? Can you really make an interactive presentation with them?" and the answer is YES.

So now you're asking yourself, how do I make one? Well, you're lucky cause I'm gonna share some of my tips that I've learned from all the years learning about PowerPoint, Google Slides, and basic computer knowledge.

First of all, let me teach you about Hyperlinks, which are basically links that connect one slide to another. Remember that slides have a big part in making interactive slides. The more hyperlinks you want to use, the more slides you will need to create.

It's going to be a big confusing mess, so keep track of your slides and links. This will help you as you continue to connect slides and build your interactive presentation.

Choose a theme or a topic. What will your presentation be based on? As usual, this will be the basis of your presentation. Think of it as making a basic slideshow, forget the interactive part for now. Should it be based on a book? An electronic device? Maybe even something unusual like a plant-based themed slideshow.

Slowly build your presentation and design it with what you have in mind. Make sure that the design is not bland and boring, but also keep it neat and clear. 

Lastly, keep pushing yourself to include more things to make the slide as enjoying and fun as possible. Yes, it will require more work but in the end, the results will be worth it. However, keep in mind that there are limitations, do not push an idea if it is not fruitful or feasible. Pursue the ideas that are effective and have reasonable work loads. 

Now let's take a look at my example, which I based off of my own Computer. Of course, I only did a basic representation of it, keeping it neat but also filled with content.

Here is a picture of my PC:


Personally, I enjoyed and included a lot of clickable items. I usually do two designs or versions but since this is a big project, I'll only be doing one, but with plenty slides. My work has over 35 slides, not that big of a number but it has plenty of interactive content and I could even continue to add more.

Here are the list of clickable contents in my sample:
-Sign in button
-Folders (Artwork, Enhypen, My pictures)
-Close button on folders
-Pictures (in switching)
-Texts 
-Icons (Google Chrome, Spotify, and Messenger)
-Google Chrome > Customer Service
-Google Chrome > Cart
-Google Chrome > Cart > Check out
-Google Chrome > Cart > Check out > Home
-Google Chrome layered by Messenger over Spotify and vice versa
-Windows button
-My PC
-Settings
-Power button

You can try it out here! Just wait for it to load.


Here is the Powerpoint version. (You have to download it first. I recommend the power point version more since it has animations and transitions)

Remember, if you're still not satisfied with the outcome, you can always try again. Make another one and don't be afraid to explore and make mistakes. You can check it out by starting from the beginning or current slide buttons. Be as creative as you can.

And those are my tips for making an interactive presentation. There are more than one ways and definitely more tips than I gave available. Share with us if you tried it and if you have any more tips to share too! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿