MIDTERMS: Bonus Points

Midterms: Bonus points 

Read and download sample Screenplay and script on different genre : https://www.scriptreaderpro.com/best-screenplays-to-read 

Watch a historical movie of a genre you like . 

1) Give your insights and comment on how they constructed the lines , dialogue in the script , how can you improve your own script writing skills? 

        I can definitely say that the script was clean, and very well organized. I just took the quiz for script, which is our Quiz 10, and I now clearly see how a script is constructed. Whenever there is dialogue, it is centered and italicized. It is also indented to give emphasis, I assume for the convenience of the actors and actresses. I also see that whenever there is dialogue, the action that is formed with it are in parenthesis.

        In the script, it is also noted that some words are in CAPS, I believe that it is in caps because these are important notes for the director and the producing team. It avoids confusion and promotes clarity of the vision that the scriptwriter has. The format of the texts are spaced left, and not Justified as I first expected.

        Lastly, I realized that the page numbers are on the top right, which is similar to the page number formats of journalism back when I was one of the team. It is apparently easier to read scripts, identify, and turn, if the indications are on top. Other than that, I have observed that organization and construction is an important part of the script to convey clarity. It is perhaps, the most important rule for scriptwriting for a movie or a show to come out as envisioned. It is this perk that I want to focus on should I do some scriptwriting, as I believe it is the most basic idea to convey a good script.

2) Identify the script you read and the movies you have watched. 

        I chose the script for the movie "Zombieland", and it is an action/adventure movie. Below are some pictures of the script.


Pictures:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿