✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 13 - New Typography ✿

 H E L L O!

In this 1st week of History of Graphic Design, we did a video and a few pictures about new typography. For the picture, I did the concept of Technology of today and its power for the citizens. For the videos, I did two, I did a simple video that introduced the k-pop group Enhypen's members and another that welcomed technology. 

I used my Graphic Tablet from VEIKK, Paint Tool SAI version 2, Windows movie maker, and various inspirations. The main inspiration for this is my ult fave k-pop group, Enhypen, and their recently released MV, entitled "Fever". 

SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR YOUTUBE AND FOLLOW THEM ON THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS! :^)

    I have a few notes at the end regarding my experience with this, please read them if you are interested! Please stream "FEVER"! Thank you! (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7d6Dt17yHk)

The typography poster version 1

The typography poster version 2

Here's another main typography used that I made separately about having fun.

The videos:

welcome to the technological era

Enhypen introduction video

I also made a thumbnail for the yt icon but I couldn't use it, so I'll just put it here.

Here are the main typography pictures used in the video:








The entire video is around one minute and 40 seconds but it took me one day to make. The photo and video editing was fast but it was fun as I enjoyed working on it. Especially so because it was Enhypen.

Here are information about the principles of Typography I applied.

  HIERARCHY 
What I did was usually, make the top text the title and/or the subject but for this one, what I did was to describe technology to emphasize its power in today for the users. In the others, there is only one text which includes their names. In the bonus one that I made, it starts out by its subject as if it were a normal sentence.

   SIZE 
In the typography for technology, the biggest size that describes technology is big and the tagline is smaller to put more oomph to the power of today's technology. In the video and the bonus work, the size is all the same through out to maintain consistency.

  COLOR 
Simple color was used in all texts, only black and white. This is done for clarity and cleanliness but in the last work, the colors were recolored to match the other elements in the art work.

 FONT 
Using only one type of font, I used sans serif for the entirety of the whole projects. I like using sans serif more because it avoids confusion and provides clarity so that it is easy to read for most of the people.

Here are information about the principles of Design or Composition I applied.

    BALANCE 
In the typography of technology and the last work, the colors are similar to each other. This is because I wanted simplicity for both works. In the video, I merely added a filter to emphasize the fact that they are being introduced to the people who are watching, this way there is a higher chance for them to remember. The colors are done as is to help balance the text and the overall picture. 

    HARMONY 
The video is said to be pleasing to the eyes, as said from my friends, whom I showed a sneak peak of it to. The sense is somewhat appealing and there is enjoyment to see the whole video. The main harmony, aside from the amazing music, is the color per member and how I tried to make them appeal with it. In the typography art images, there is harmony because there is clarity in what the posters are about and the colors blend well together.

    UNITY 
The colors are the main unity as they fit well together, there is no need for a long explanation since in a glance, the viewer can get the idea of both art works. In the video, there is a sense of unity since everything done there has uniform in colors, in concept, and fits the vibe.

    CONTRAST 
The main contrast here is how the colors appear in each frame of both the video and the pictures. Add the text and there is still an obvious clarity as the text is readable and fits amazingly well with each concept. I like the simple contrast as well.

    VARIETY 
The variety is mainly on the colors again. In the video, the highlights are a different complimentary color from the shaded area, which is also a different color. This is done by a duotone colored filter. For the typography poster, the second version has variety in text effect that also catches attention. 

    PATTERN 
The pattern in the typography images are to describe the power of the technology, keeping a simple vibe and concept, I made sure to catch the attention with short taglines and impactful words. For the video, the pattern followed the beat of the music to explain who is who as an introduction.

    RHYTHM 
In the video, the introduction is predictable due to the beat. For the typography images, the rhythm falls in the text and the colors. The text are simple and the colors are similar to each other, keeping only 5 colors and so for a more clear typography. I like simple and formal concepts in order to save time and keep it corporate.

the original video:
(All rights reserved. The use of the images above are for educational and artistic purposes only. No copyright intended!)


  As always, I tried very hard to convey all the messages and ideas as best as I can. I did my best to be responsible and applied all the principles available, I enjoyed this as you can see, I made so much edits. Though I did not maximize the space in the edits in typography as much, I tried to keep it minimalistic because that was what I was going for. Again, it was mostly Enhypen based and I really like working on Enhypen related based works. Please stan them if you enjoy my works and fell in love with Enha like I did!

    I really enjoyed this because I am a huge fan of Enhypen. I love their music and I stream them every time I can. I took this opportunity to promote them and their music because I really enjoy their performance. I only did about a minute or so though, so be sure to watch the whole video! Let's stream and continue to support them, Engenes! 

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

For sticker shopping, please head to our shopee store: https://shopee.ph/justlabel?categoryId=13612&itemId=3684556662

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿