✿ Exercise 12 - 3C's Graphics Design ✿

H E L L O !

   For the next project of the this week, we were now tasked to do 3C's graphic design. Meaning Components, Composition, and Concept. As usual, I did two things that express different things such as my fangirl side and a random topic I find interesting to work on.

Here are the art works:

Enhypen graphic design

Modelling grap

One of my themes is K-pop based, while the other one is career based on Modeling, inspired from my close relative who aspires to be a model. I think these are really well done but personally, I enjoyed making the Enhypen design more.

 Now, let's talk about the principles I used within Typography.

 HIERARCHY - Notice how I make the main text bigger with the words that contain emphasis like dreams and beauty (aside from enyhpen's for putting in images). This is to emphasize the modelling career's vibe as an outsider. 

   SIZE - I made sure that the sizes were all good enough to be read and made sure they can incorporate images within them. Enough so that each user can see what images are in each letter or word.

  COLOR - In concern with contrast, I made the color black and white, depending on the background. This way it can be read and can be visibly impact filled.

    FONT - The font I used was a sans serif font, this is so that it can be easily read to viewers and can incorporate much of the design within each letter or word without ruining the feel of each design. 

    On to the principles of Composition or Design!

    BALANCE - The balance is overall great, there is simplicity but the impact is visible in each work. The text and background is simple but the pictures are filled with color and life which makes it look nice as a whole.

    HARMONY - With the use of similar elements and assets, I think I achieved the harmony aspect well. As you can see, I kept the same style overall, simple lines, shapes, pictures, concepts, and even colors. It is visually pleasing. The main piece, which are the images, are what captures the eye's attention as these are the only one in colors..

    UNITY - Achieving unity was quite easy when I had this concept in mind. Unity is when the peace comes together and delivers a message. The combination of the colors and the pictures are enough to deliver the idea and the message. They come together and build an image that isn't harsh and clarifies the idea and theme of the cover.

    CONTRAST - The colors are well combined together, there is mainly black and white for the background and vivid or neutral colors to paint the images. My background was simple and the colors of the illustrations are in black and white to portray simplicity. The main image is the images in the letters that I want the interest of the viewer to be on. This gives emphasis on my cover's vibe.

    VARIETY - Using the same theme of elements with the same idea; cool, simple, and personality, they build a good concept. The use of colors are in one family, and it doesn't overload the general aspect of the design, but it doesn't look boring too. I avoided making the cover boring by putting different illustrations that have contrast. It gives the banner a good build on the vibes even if the entire images are limited to the public eye.

    PATTERN - I followed the idea of the videos shown in our lecture time. The images are under a clipping mask per word or letter. For the that, I think its a pattern too. Even though it is filled, it is not overloaded as the space is still found, but this time it is in both black and white, respectively per background to build contrast.  

    RHYTHM - This is mainly found in how a person reads, which is left to right. In the Enhypen one, it introduces the characters by age, with the exception of the leader being the first to be seen. For the modelling design, I wanted to emphasize the models in different aspects, showing off women of color and body parts that I want to draw attention to. The eyes are directed to the words that are not boring and build a sentence or a word.

    Overall, I honestly found it difficult to do this week's exercise. This is by far, the hardest one for me to think of a concept. Mostly because I did not have much idea to work on. So I asked around so that I can build an idea of my own and put my own twist. Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

For sticker shopping, please head to our shopee store: https://shopee.ph/justlabel?categoryId=13612&itemId=3684556662

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿