✿ Exercise 8 - Design Patterns, Movement, Rhythm ✿

  H E L L O!

    In this 8th week of elements of graphic and design, we were tasked to do a design for a creative graphic design. I did a simple pattern design and implemented it in an illustration, I used my Graphic Tablet from VEIKK, Paint Tool SAI version 2, and some creativity to think of how to make the design more appealing. I found an inspiration in creating this from pictures online, which I will include below.

    Let me also say that my main inspiration to continue was the k-pop group called Enhypen. Please stream them and support their latest comeback: "Border: Carnival"! Thank you!


ILLUSTRATION: (campaign/poster ad for mma) (STREAM ENHYPEN)


PATTERN: (also please STREAM ENHYPEN)


    I am very proud of this illustration because it is the first time I really tried hard for the landscape or background. This is good practice for me in doing backgrounds. Other than that, I really love coloring the girl's skin, it is not the typical white skin I always do, which is a nice change. I also broke out of my comfort zone by drawing an animal, in this case, a tiger since that is the inspiration of my simple pattern. I originally wanted it to be a white tiger, but I forgot and made it the usual orange tiger. 

Here are information about the principles of Typography I applied.

  HIERARCHY 
There is no need for a lot of text since I believe the illustration already speaks for its purpose. What I did is only put a simple introduction for what Multimedia can offer you, which is to have your creativity flow free. The biggest text is what the course is while the quote is below, to emphasize the tasks done under MMA in a general term. I also added the link of the school to promote MMA for it.

   SIZE 
The biggest font in size is the MULTIMEDIA ARTS to emphasize its purpose and its importance. This also shows what the illustration is for. The subtext are important too for the purpose to inform and guide the people in a simple manner. Lastly, the link where the viewer can enroll online. The sizing are organized from big to small by top to bottom to signify its importance and attention seeking manner.

  COLOR 
I used a simple color; white. This is to make sure that it captures attention for the audience. It is simple and makes sure that it shows that this is a advertisement or promotion campaign for MMA as a course. Not much color is needed to emphasize it from the colorful illustration.

 FONT 
Using only one type of font, I used sans serif for this poster to convey a simple task, which is to inform, but also make it visible. It is straight to the point to make sure to avoid confusion. I only put a handful of texts to be clear. The same color is also applied in terms to keep it within the color balance in the overall illustration.

Here are information about the principles of Design or Composition I applied.

    BALANCE 
For the Balance, it starts with the color, everything is in place, the main emphasis are in warm colors while everything else is in cool colors. The contrast is visible, the saturation of each color creates the right amount of intensity that gives good promotion and attention capturing to the audience for the course. The values are also balancing the shades and the light, it is not overloaded.

    HARMONY 
The illustration is pleasing to the eyes, there is an impact and it pulls the people to check it out. The colors are well planned and there is a sense of belongingness. There are differences of colors, details, and strokes yet it still in one sense, for that means there is harmony.

    UNITY 
I think the idea is clear and well presented. The colors are enough, it doesn't dominate one another yet contains emphasis on where to look and observe. The form and the placement of the person and her animal are all in one aspect and don't fight. The texts are in sans serif and are found in only 1 color, which differentiates it from the colorful drawing. The vibe and the mood is clearly all about power, mystery, fierceness or coolness, and neatness. 

    CONTRAST 
The main contrast here is the fact that I used vibrant and warm colors for the woman and the tiger. For the background, it is blue and green, which are cool colors. There is clarity, emphasis and still, nothing is out of place. The piece is not boring, and there is clear definition of which color is which yet there is still a sense of unity when combined with each other. 

    VARIETY 
The variety is mainly on the colors again. The colors are in one balance but the Variety also remains there. Aside from being able to convey Unity and Contrast, The colors that I showed and used are also showing variety, in fact there is a lot of colors that I feel as if I used all the colors I could think of. Besides colors, it is also found in the design of the piece and its placements. 

    PATTERN 
For the Pattern, it's mainly in the design. Of course, the design is the main point, to use it with creativity is a multimedia artist's job. The tiger's fur is my main inspiration. This is a natural option that I chose which I also formulated in the woman's clothes. Those are the main patterns in this project.

    RHYTHM 
The overall structure of my advertisements are well structured, I put the texts below as to not distract the eyes of the audience from the illustration yet still be visible. The piece is big enough to make sure it is the main point for the design.  It is smooth and neat, clarity is present on the overall work.

INSPIRATION USED:
 
(All rights reserved. The use of the images above are for educational and artistic purposes only. No copyright intended!)

    As always, I tried very hard to convey all the messages and ideas as best as I can. I did my best to be responsible and applied all the principles available, I enjoyed this though it took me a whole day to do. Everything I have learned, I put it into this last activity for the midterms under this subject. I received evaluation from my best friend and a few other close friends and they really loved the use of colors. I made sure to use references to have a better understanding and use of my artistic sense and capabilities.

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

For sticker shopping, please head to our shopee store: https://shopee.ph/justlabel?categoryId=13612&itemId=3684556662


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿