✿ Exercise 11 - Illusion of Motion ✿

   H E L L O!

    In this 11th week of elements of graphic and design, I did Illusion of motion. I did a simple pattern design and implemented it in an illustration, I used my Graphic Tablet from VEIKK, Paint Tool SAI version 2, and an online reference. I will include the reference below after my art work. ALSO, I would like to express my happiness because I am so proud of how the clothes turned out. That is my favorite part, honestly.

    This is the k-pop group called Enhypen. Please stream them and support their latest comeback: "Border: Carnival"! Thank you!


ILLUSTRATION: (STREAM ENHYPEN)

Motion: Synchronized Jumping

Motion: Synchronized Jumping with text

Enhypen's performance during Drunk-Dazed. (reference)
(All rights reserved. The use of the images above are for educational and artistic purposes only. No copyright intended!)

    I am very proud of this illustration because I drew 7 people (6 actually but Sunoo is barely visible oof,) in one illustration. This is good practice but it really hurt my hand afterwards. It also gave me a headache for 2 days. I think I did this around 30+ hours, which is just barely over a day. It is still nice since it is satisfying to see a completed drawing and especially one of your idol. The trickiest part was the skin since it displays a lot of light. Other than that, it is a huge honor to draw this for Enhypen, this is the first thing that I thought of after hearing the project. I've been really busy lately so I'm hoping to get some rest. I'll use this artwork as well for Drawing 2 laboratory. 

Here are information about the principles of Typography I applied.

  HIERARCHY 
There is only two parts of the text, which is the "Drunk-Dazed" and the name of the group below; "Enhypen". The title is on top since that is the song and the main sound they are dancing, or jumping to, and the Enhypen is the band, which is them. It is below to reference who sang and performed it.

   SIZE 
The biggest size is the title of the song and then the smaller text is the name of the boy group. This is done this way to emphasize the song since that is similar to the subject whereas the band is the phrase. This sizing is similar to how a book cover is done, the title is bigger to catch the attention and the author name is smaller yet found below.

  COLOR 
The color is mainly black but the effect is that of a glitched object. This is because the title is referencing the feeling of a dazed after effect where people see doubles, which is used for the title text. The black color is also applied to the boy group name, the smaller text. No more fancy alterations for the cause of formality.

 FONT 
I only used Sans serif in doing the text because it may cause confusion if I add anymore fanciness in the text. It's better to have clear text so it is easily visible to people.

Here are information about the principles of Design or Composition I applied.

    BALANCE 
The balance is present, the colors are plenty but are mainly in pinks, reds, blues, purples, and blacks. Though there are a variety of cool, neutral and warm colors, it is still evident that people can distinguish the forms of the elements within it. There is balance within the image in terms of placing, colors, and angles, this is so because a reference is used. 

    HARMONY 
With the use of plenty of colors, it is still nice to look at, they work together. The colors work together and do not fight for attention. There is rightness in the center since the main color they are wearing is black, therefore it creates attention to be drawn to the performers.

    UNITY 
The unity here is that the boys are wearing black, which is unity in concept for the performers. The next is the colorful background, which are colors that are somewhat connected and well blended together. Though there are a lot of colors used, it still looks like one image. It feels and looks like they are on stage. There is a clear sense of belongingness

    CONTRAST 
The main contrast here is the black on the performers. Since they are the main performers, they should stand out, which is why them wearing black really complimented the stage. Should they have worn something like red, they would have blended with the background, causing no contrast to occur. The use of that concept was really thought out well and I managed to incorporate it in this illustration.

    VARIETY 
The variety is definitely there for the colors again, but there is a variety of sharp lines, such as the hair and soft lines, like the knees. Next is the variety in flow, though they are all suspended in the air, other's hair are flowing while some, like the center Heeseung, has his hair down as if he was normally walking (but this is is because he has reach the peak of his jump), which also counts as a variant. 

    PATTERN 
For the Pattern, there are shapes all over, small and big. All form is somewhat a shape, the lights are circle, the proportions are a mix of circles and rectangles. There is also a pattern in their choreography, which made them suspended in the air in the first place. Besides that, there is also pattern in the colors again, the bright lights actually change colors that form a pattern.

    RHYTHM 
The pattern is mainly in the background. The set up creates a rhythm of a party but set in an extravagant place as there are chandeliers and a fountain, which is their main props in the Drunk-Dazed music video. The rhythm is also found in the lights, unpredictable but still counts as one since it follows a movement and direction.

Progress of making the illustration:




As always, I tried very hard to convey all the messages and ideas as best as I can. I did my best to be responsible and applied all the principles available, As I have said, it is the first time I drew so much people in one illustration, one that is not an animation of some sort. It was fun but also stressful, still, I am thankful since I was able to do this kind of project. Motion is an important asset when it comes to drawing so the works do not feel stiff and awkward. Doing this, I see that I have more to improve on but I most especially love doing the coloring. The pants and the outfits look so cool and I am happy with that. Again, for evaluations, I was able to ask my online friends and my best friend some feedback and they also loved the outfits. They praised my effort and my hard work therefor I am thankful.

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

For sticker shopping, please head to our shopee store: https://shopee.ph/justlabel?categoryId=13612&itemId=3684556662

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿