✿ Exercise 6 - Event Poster Design ✿

 H E L L O!

    In this 6th week of our subject, which is the first week of Midterms in elements of graphics and design, we were now tasked to do an event poster design. I did my own birthday for the event, imagining a debut type party but make it for a twenty year old lady. I found an inspiration in creating this online.

    I made two designs, using an editing online application only. I also used my own recent pictures because it looks like an actual debut photoshoot, let's check it out!

and hey! You're invited!

Landscape:

Portrait:

Here are information about the principles of Typography I applied.

  HIERARCHY 
The biggest and most important part is the 'Let's Party!' text, this is so the audience knows what the poster is about. This is also to catch the attention of my viewers. To summarize the information, I used minimalist font to balance out the fancy font used for my name and the leading text. 

   SIZE 
The biggest font in size is the LET'S PARTY to emphasize its meaning and its importance. This also shows what the poster is about and what its contents were. The subtext are important too for the purpose to inform and guide the people I would invite. However, they are only of normal size because they are only there for the viewers to read when the biggest text grabs their attention, yet still visible.

  COLOR 
I used dark and neon colors, mainly because of the event's purpose and to determine the vibe I was going for. I want the vibe to feel like it's a party and that we are going to have fun. It feels like a huge rave party or a pool party with the colors and the text effects. The whole poster looks connected and looks very formal yet fun. The main colors were navy blue, greens, and pinks, which form a tropical sensation.

 FONT 
Using only one type of font, I used sans serif all over this poster to convey simple and formal, but also open and inviting vibes. The top text is also in sans serif to capture the attention of the viewer and to exercise and distinguish the title or the purpose of the event. It is straight to the point, which draws intertest. I specifically made the LET'S PARTY text in this font, just for the trendy feeling and emphasis. The same colors are also applied in terms to keep it within the color balance.

Here are information about the principles of Design or Composition I applied.

    BALANCE 
For the Balance, it starts with the color, everything is in place, there are light tones, mid tones, and darker tones. Though it's mostly dark tones, it makes it seem formal or important, or that the event will start and end late. The contrast is visible, the saturation of each color creates the right amount of intensity that gives good ambiance for the event, it is right enough for a party. The values are also balancing the shades and the light and not overloaded.

    HARMONY 
With the style of this invitation or poster for the event, it is fun, neat, and the concept of partying is shown pretty well, especially with the colors used. The assets of pictures used shows the familiar feeling of celebrating a debut. There is no asset or element that takes all of the attention, it's all in one form that creates balance and harmony.

    UNITY 
I think the idea is clear and well presented. The colors are enough, it doesn't dominate one another. The form and the pictures are all in one aspect and doesn't fight. The texts are in sans serif and are found in only 2 colors, and the main ones are glowing to form emphasis. The vibe and the mood is clearly all about fun, celebrations, and neatness. The concept of the birthday party is there and the pictures show off who the celebrant is(me) an what they're going to do(party) via text.

    CONTRAST 
The main contrast here is the fact that I used vibrant and a variety of colors. It's similar to primary and secondary colors, where there is clear definition of which color is which yet there is still a sense of unity when combined with each other. 

    VARIETY 
The variety is mainly on the colors again. The colors are in one balance but the Variety also remains there. Aside from being able to convey Unity and Contrast, The colors that I showed and used are also showing variety. Besides colors, it is also found in the design of the piece and its placements.

    PATTERN 
For the Pattern, it's mainly in the design. One example is the plants on the sides of the poster or invitation, and the pictures on the side of the landscape version is also similar to a pattern. Those are the main patterns in this project.

    RHYTHM 
The overall structure of my invitation is well structured, I put the main text on top to get the attention of the viewers. I made sure to put it on top so people would easily see what it is about. The picture is on big for indication of purpose to see what it is about and who it is, and it's also on the right of the landscape version, as to imitate a photo strip. It is smooth and neat, clarity is present on the two versions.

    As always, I tried very hard to convey all the messages and ideas as best as I can. I did my best to be responsible and applied all the principles available, despite feeling under the weather today. I also included principles of colors, based from out previous subjects. Everything I have learned, I put it into this first activity for the midterms under this subject. I didn't receive much evaluation since I was too tired and sick while I made this but despite that, I think it looks good as I did use a reference online and my 7 year old birthday invitation.

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/

For sticker shopping, please head to our shopee store: https://shopee.ph/justlabel?categoryId=13612&itemId=3684556662

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿