✿ Exercise 5 - Infographics ✿

 H E L L O!

    For the 5th week of our subject, which is the last week of Prelims, we were now tasked to do a Web Based Ads. Man, time flies so fast! As usual, all I used is my computer, my VEIKK A50 graphics tablet and an online editing software.

    Here's my Web based Ads:




    I reused the bakery concept of my aunt, but this time, reimagined it as a website advertisement. I used the same logo, same color scheme, but focused on adjusting the saturations and the values, and the same (fake) information.

    I did two versions, one in landscape and one in portrait. I wanted two versions so I can add a few more elements and different visualizations for an actual ad. This is also practice if ever I have to do something similar to this. The ad shows that this is a bakery and that there is a sale, specifically, BUY 1 TAKE 2. 

Here are information about the principles of Typography I applied.

  HIERARCHY 
The biggest and most important part is the 'SALE' text, therefor I made sure to repeat it thrice. This is to catch the attention of my viewers. The left part in the landscape version is all about the Logo, the name, and the tagline of the company. On the right side is the information about the sale. In the portrait version, above the 'SALE' text is the Logo, the name, and the tagline again, and below is the same information. This time I added the location and the website.

   SIZE 
The biggest font in size is the SALE to emphasize its importance. This also shows what the ad is about and what its contents were. The subtext are important too however, they are only of normal size because they are only there for the viewers to read when the biggest text grabs their attention.

  COLOR 
I used pastel colors, mainly because of the logo. I want the logo and the whole ad to connect and look one. This color scheme was also taken from the website: https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel
It is a Triad color, and it works well with the light toned, medium, and shade colors. It felt right for a bakery. I used the principles of color - 60% light or pastel yellow, 30% blues (20% dark blue, 10% light blue), and 10% pinks (5% light pink, and 5% dark pink) for the accent color.


    FONT 
Using sans serif fonts, I used that all over this project to convey simple and formal, but also open and non-intimidating vibes. It is approachable, straight to the point, and attention catching. I specifically made the SALE text in two fonts, just for the trendiness feeling and emphasis. The same colors are also applied in terms to keep it within the color balance.

Here are information about the principles of Design or Composition I applied.

    BALANCE 
For the Balance, it starts with the color, everything is in place, there are light tones, mid tones, and darker tones. The hues are in triad colors, the saturation of each color creates the right amount of intensity that gives good ambiance for the ad, and the values are also balancing the shades and the light. The two sides, left and right or up and down on the landscape and portrait, respectively have elements on both that doesn't overload the piece.

    HARMONY 
With the style of this advertisement, it is simple, neat, and the concept of baking is shown pretty well. The assets of desserts like donuts and cupcakes below shows the product and the services offered. There is no asset or element that takes all of the attention, it's all in one form that creates balance and harmony.

    UNITY 
I think the idea is clear and well presented. The colors are enough, it doesn't dominate one another. The form and the drawings are all in one aspect. The texts are all sans serif and are found in only 2 colors. The vibe and the mood is clearly all about fun, simplicity, and neatness. The concept of the sale is there and the baking aspect is also shown well because of the desserts and the logo.

    CONTRAST 
The main contrast here is the fact that I used Triad colors. So it's similar to primary and secondary colors, where there is clear definition of which color is which yet there is still a sense of unity when combined with each other. 

    VARIETY 
The variety is mainly on the colors again. The colors, since they are under Triad, the Variety also remains there. Aside from being able to convey Unity and Contrast, The colors that I showed and used are also showing variety. Besides colors, it is also found in the design of the piece and its placements.

    PATTERN 
For the Pattern, it's mainly in the design. One example is the banderitas on top of the advertisements, and the food below the texts, on the bottom of the pictures. Those are the main patterns in this project. 

    RHYTHM 
The overall structure of my advertisements are well structured, I put the words SALE in the middle to get the attention of the viewers. I made sure to put it in the center so people would easily see. The logo is on top for formalities, and it's on the left on the landscape version, as people mostly read from left to right. It is smooth and neat, clarity is present on the two versions.

    As always, I tried very hard to convey all the messages and ideas as best as I can. I did my best to be responsible and applied all the principles available. I also included principles of colors. Everything I have learned, I put it into this last project for the preliminaries. Again, I didn't receive much evaluation, only from one of my closest friends. She commented that she would have liked the pinks to be much darker, or the call to action button be darker with white text. Other than that, she said the overall look of the advertisement looked legitimate and quite the attraction for the audience.

    Thank you for viewing my blog and looking around! Let's all unite and fill the world with positivity and art! Also, if you want to see more of my works, I am part of a Facebook art page called Art Venue, where we are open for commissions! Should you need something drawn, whether it's Traditional or Digital medium, we can guarantee it to be done when you need it and done well!

Please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVenue-101021248736589/
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿