✿ Elements of Principle and Design: Week 2 - Graphic Design Poster ✿

 

H E L L O!

    This is my entry for the second week of the semester under the subject of Graphic Design. We were tasked to do a digital poster, and I decided to make one for my close relative. My tita is selling baked goods and so I asked for her permission to make a digital poster advertising her small business.

    Here is the logo that I've made in Paint Tool Sai version 2 with my Veikk A50 graphics tablet. I only used a few colors so that I can achieve an aesthetic balance within the artwork.

    I did two versions of my poster because I like doing a variety of works just so I can become flexible. I did one poster in portrait and one in landscape. With the same concepts, I followed the steps that I learned from the last lesson prior to this post, which I'll discuss later on.

    Here are the two versions of my work~

Portrait version:

Landscape version:


    I applied the steps my teacher discussed. The first one was to think of an idea/s that correlate to my work. So since the logo already had about 3 colors that work together, which is by the way, an element that help Graphic designers with their work, I applied the same colors that I used in the logo. I also used assets that relate to the business of my tita, who in this case, is my client.

    Another step is to include the key information/indicators that will help the viewers find the client's information. In this case, these were the social medias, contact number, and location. Additional to this, I also included a website, a slogan, and time specifications for clear data. However, only the Facebook contact works, the rest are made up for the sake of this activity.

    When it comes to Evaluation, I was in a live call with my good friend, Mark Loy Sanchez, which I thank him for, because he gave me valuable insights to help achieve a non-biased poster. We encourage each other to make the poster quite early because we were inspired by a post we saw online. We helped each other find ideas and gave each other advice. Other than him, I also asked other friends and my boyfriend to check my digital poster. They thought it was good so therefore, I think my digital poster is non-biased.

    I also included images that are show what the business is all about. This helps the viewer tell in a glance what the poster is all about. The slogan also has a big readable font that has words which help identify the business in a way.
    
    Here I have a list that will help you guys see the different parts of my poster:

        1. Images
    LOGO - I created the logo that depicts a female chef, which means it is handled by a female owner, holding a whisk, which is more linked to the idea of baking. This means that the business is a bakeshop.

    CUPCAKES - These assets help the viewer to know that the shop is selling home baked goods. 

    BANDIRITAS - Those showcase a mood that is lively, which helps a fun and happy ambiance.

       2. Focus
    FOCUS - the focus of my poster is the bakeshop business. I think it's safe to say that it is quite clear that my focus is on baking, baked goods, and such.

       3. Tagline/Slogan
    SLOGAN- "Treats that can't be beat." is connected to the business since the name is called "Sweet Treats".

        4. Service/Products/Information
    SERVICE - The poster shoes the service the business offers, with the logo's help, the whisk shows it is all about baking.

    PRODUCTS - I have put cupcakes and also included goods that the shop offers so that the viewer can know what they will be getting when they contact the shop. 

    INFORMATION - The information posted includes social media accounts, the main website, contact number, and location. I also included additional information such as the "Open daily" and time specifications, things that the viewer will need to consider when checking the shop.

    5.Contact Information    
    CONTACTS - These help inform the viewer about where to find the shop, this will also lead them to more options regarding the shop's service and products. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿