✿ Week 17 - Masterpiece ✿

     Good day guys! It's me again, and this time, this week's blog post is all about a unique drawing, in my case it's a painting~  It was a real challenge but I managed to draw something without a reference. Drawing without any reference is a way to explore your imagination and your art style but sometimes, it's still hard, especially if you're just about to sketch out the piece. Artists could have art blocks and it's never really easy to surpass it.

    Here are a few drawings that I did with watercolors and this first time, I DID use references. I used my Sakura Koi 24 set watercolors, and the water based acrylic markers from Miniso. For the details, I used the unipen ballpoint pen in white, I think the other pen is called the Sakura Koi metallic pen in violet/gold, and finally, the faber-castell pen in brown. 





    I practiced so much and kept in mind that I want to incorporate lighting, simple backgrounds, flexibility in materials, and just have fun while doing it. The main inspiration for these drawings were definitely from the artist in deviantart.com, named MOUCHbart because of the simplicity of their drawings yet it had great impact. Their sense of posture in the drawings were also not stiff and were all fun to look at. The concept was real and original, The coloring was unique, and the art had many styles that it all felt new and fresh. That person is one of my favorite artists, and so I wanted to try drawing with her style in mind as I tried replicating her works. (No copyright intended)

    Anyway, here is my actual submission for unique drawing. I've drawn a female person, I was trying to do a self portrait but it clearly does not look like me hahahaha, BUT I did make this painting without much of an image of who to paint, which was hard by itself. Here is the drawing:

    I used Pebeo Oil based paint, Faber Castel paint brushes, and a cheap canvas me and mom found in a store. I really enjoy doing something new so when I did this painting, I had a lot of fun doing the skin color and mixing colors for the light source and the shadows. This painting is far from perfect but considering that I am only a beginner at oil painting, this is pretty good!

    Now that I think about it, she kind of looks like the main character of My ID is Gangnam Beauty, a south korean drama series that originated from a webtoon. I think the actress's name is Im Soo-Hyang. That was a coincidence but I can see some similarities, mostly from the hair. 

    I had no idea what to do for the background so I just did some abstract shapes and strokes. The background was actually a combination of Poster paints and Acrylic paints because Oil paints are expensive so I didn't want to use it for the background.

        With that, I posted these drawings on the wall near my table and viola~ It is done. In this activity, I tried many approaches and styles, with many mixed media and it was a lot of fun. I always say that Art is fun, but that's because it is. I hope I managed to inspire some of you guys and that you can try out new things too! If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to comment below. As always, let's fill the world with the wonders of art! Thank you for viewing this week's post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿