✿ Week 15 - Comics ✿

    Hello! First of all, I want to greet you guys a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Let's take this opportunity to learn more!

    Also, I'd like to apologize for the delay because I've been very very sick, and I only finished coloring this last night. I'm still very sick so my coloring might not be the best. For this assignment, we were given the task to draw a comic with a minimum of 5 panels. My comic was based on my friend's real life story where she sent a message at the wrong person. I twisted it and made it a tad bit more romantic and cute~

    Here's the work!


    Let me also introduce you to the characters; Pop, Rock, and EDM. Yes, I named them after music genres because I thought it was a fun idea to personify them into humans.

    Pop, or Paprika, is the blonde girl that I used and drew in the cartoon entry. Rock, or Raquel, is the pink haired girl that is Pop's bff. EDM, or Evans, is Rock's brother and is also Pop's crush. I made sure to tie these three characters around and made sure to showcase how they'd act like simply based on their expression or appearance.

    Pop is based off of singers that are popular such as Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, and more, which is why I gave her that high pony tail, blonde hair, blue eyes, and slightly tan skin. I envisioned her to be in the American standard of beauty. Rock is the opposite of Pop, especially in terms of the color palette. Since she is named "Rock", I decided to give her wild colors for her appearance. EDM is based off of athletic and musical guys that I see on viral posts, but his character design, is closely related to Jean from "Attack on Titan/ Shingeki no Kyojin", mostly the hair only. His personality is based off of my special someone, hihi.

    As usual, I used my Prismacolored Premier colored pencils and my Corona 9x12" sketchpad, a random pencil, Faber-Castel's dust free eraser, a sharpener, and a pen for linearting. If you have any questions and tips or comments, please do tell me! Thank you for reading this post, and as always, let's continue to draw and fill the new year with art! Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿