✿ Week 13 - PrinciplesMultimediaDesign by Mateo ✿

    A pleasant day to everyone! It's me again, Nina, and here is our activity for this week under Introduction to MMA. It is a graphic design so I had the idea to make an Infographic about our course, Multimedia Arts. The goal was to try and encourage others to enroll under MMA.

    An extra thing we have to keep in mind while making this was to make sure that we include the principles of multimedia design, hence the title. I decided to make this Infographic with the idea of the following principles: 

                Less is More - I made sure to use only a few variables and imitate a digital drawing application. I made sure that the words are also concise to save space and not have it too crowded. Doing so will result in the Infographic to look more like a collage.

                        Coherence Principle - To ensure the Infographic being concise, I removed unnecessary things that might drive the target reader or viewer from the real point of my work. I ensured that all the variables or assets that I used were somewhat related to the theme and the idea of the topic I wanted to portray. Instead of also using many words to tell the students to join MMA, I simply went straight to the point and put "Come enroll now!".

                        Redundancy Principle - The use of some pictures and texts were repeated to make sure that the people who come across this graphic design can tell that this is about encouraging students to join the MMA course, and also showed its benefits when they have enrolled.

                        Segmentation Principle - I applied this principle with the images and texts to match the theme of my Infographic. This is more seen in the texts however, as I break the information I was trying to mention into bits so that the viewer can thoroughly comprehend the message I was saying. 


    Here is my work:


    I made this with a reference I took online, and the color scheme was also taken online. For the colors, I wanted it to be vibrant to capture attention. I didn't put my school or any school for that matter for the following reasons:

            -Privacy.
            -The freedom of the students to browse and research on their own.

    I would have put some suggestions for schools but I also considered those people who are studying in different countries, so I made this Infographic with a general idea. For the record, I didn't draw any of these, I used a free editing website to make this. 

    Aside from that, I talked about the benefits of enrolling in BMMA with a similar concept for my Infographic, I enjoyed doing this because it's relaxing. Especially deciding the color schemes, and the assets and variables I used, they were all high quality and it's quite pleasing to look at!

    As always, if you guys have any questions or comments, please do tell me! Let's help each other out~ And if you are in the same course as me, let's both do our best as artists. And if you're not from BMMA but you ARE planning to enroll or you know someone who WANTS to enroll, let's help them be encouraged and help them take the first step!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿