✿ Week 11 - Perspective Drawings ✿

     Hello guys! Another day of me posting about our drawings for our Drawing lec/lab subject! This is the last one for now because our midterms are coming up soon. Anyways, for this week's drawing, it's all about P E R S P E C T I V E !

    Like always, I've drawn a variety of samples to get myself immersed in the topic of this week. I also experimented using different kinds of medium while doing different kinds of perspective drawings. Below is my first attempt of drawing perspectives for this week, and as usual, I decided to color it to make it appear more lively. I used Dong-A Oil Pastels on Vellum board, and it has been a while since I have touched my Oil Pastels. It was messy drawing with it but in the end, it was fun and the colors are very vibrant, as you can see. I also tried the scraping technique where you get an object to scratch out some details, this works well if you lay out a light color over the canvas and put a darker color over it. You can see this technique over to the right wit the wires.

    I also took two sets of pictures, one using a flash and one without it, just so we can see the difference of using those in the pictures, affecting the colors and the image overall.

without flash.


with flash.


    On my personal sketchbook, which is a Dark blue Limelight A5(unsure of the size) sketchbook, I practiced perspectives once more, using a mixture of my Koi watercolors and my Prismacolor premier colored pencils. I enjoyed this session much more since I am more accustomed in using colored pencils and watercolors over Oil Pastels. Working with a medium I know makes me work faster even with a drawing topic I am not familiar with. As always, I made sure to include as much details that I can.

without flash.


with flash.


    For the last attempt, I used an unbranded set of Acrylic paints that my friend got me as a Christmas gift in advance. It had also been a while since I used Acrylic paints so it was another experience where I had to be patient. The set I was given had no violets so all the shades of violets that you guys see are me, constantly mixing reds, whites, and blues together for a violet shade. Amazingly, it turned out really well in my opinion! The highlights are once again, my Prismacolor premier colored pencils, which worked well with this set of paints. I am blessed for receiving such an amazing set from my friend, so shout out to her! :> 

without flash.


with flash.

    
    If you noticed, I made sure that I used borders for this week's artwork. I simply used one of my washie tapes that is made from plastic. You can use masking tape as a substitute, but honestly, I think it works better. In comparison and for my final thoughts, I definitely found using watercolor and colored pencils better but in terms of results, I also love the acrylic version for its smooth, shiny, and calm finish. I had to use a lot of water in the watercolor version so it wrinkled a bit, but I managed to save it a bit. The Oil Pastel version was the biggest of the three, so I had to really be patient and work well, though it was quite messy, details were much more harder but Oil Pastels can cover a wide area so it wasn't much of a problem!

    This week's perspective, for me, was a success. I learned a lot and had to look up many references. It was by far, the hardest since I'm more into drawing people or characters, but this only means that I can now go further as an artist. I am sure that my skills has once again improve, especially since I was able to practice with more mediums. 

    As always, if you guys have any questions or something, feel free to comment below! I hope we can learn more about art together and share more ideas. See you soon for another art post!

Comments

  1. Ang galing mo!!! Talagang well-detailed yung drawing and the explanation. Keep it upppp!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FOURTH YEAR MIDTERMS - Portfolio and Exhibit

✿ History of Graphic Design: Activity 11 - Motion Picture ✿